Dividing Assets In Divorce, Getting Your Fair Share
During divorce, the inevitable step of dividing property can take center stage, especially among affluent couples. Any assets such as property and financial investments accumulated during the marriage are subject to being divided during the divorce.
If you want to ensure you secure your fair share of the assets, you need a smart, skilled and assertive family law attorney who understands the fine details of divorce. Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP, in Buffalo, New York, has a team of attorneys with more than 30 years of experience. These attorneys are focused on results and solutions for every one of the firm’s clients.
Solving A Complicated Legal Issue
Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP lawyers are knowledgeable, tenacious and ready to advocate for you. They work to protect your rights and assets. During a divorce proceeding, many types of assets are eligible to be dispersed equitably. They include:
- Your home, whether it be a house, condominium or other property.
- Vacation properties that may include a lake cabin, time-share or condominium.
- Real estate investments such as apartment complexes or commercial and residential properties.
- A family-owned business whether co-owned by separating spouses, founded by one of the spouses or inherited by one of the spouses.
- Retirement accounts, including traditional and Roth 401(k)s, 401(k) or 403(b) accounts as well as government-sponsored pensions.
- Monetary investments, including stocks, exchange-traded funds, bonds, money markets or digital currency.
- Personal property such as motor vehicles, art work, collectibles and furniture
Dividing assets is just another of the complicated legal issues that must be addressed in a divorce case. Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP attorneys have represented numerous clients and helped every one of them along the way.
Contact Attorneys Who Have The Knowledge You Need
Every investment and every piece of property gets scrutinized when divorcing couples divide assets. Mattingly Cavagnaro LLP, in Buffalo, New York, is a family law firm prepared to represent you in all divorce-related matters, including the division of assets. The attorneys are experience, attentive and ready to answer your questions. Contact the firm’s team online or call 716-246-4275.