Dividing Marital Assets
Dividing Assets In Divorce, Getting Your Fair Share
During divorce, the inevitable step of dividing property can take center stage, especially among affluent couples. Any assets such as property and financial investments accumulated during the marriage are subject to being divided during the divorce.
If you want to ensure you secure your fair share of the assets, you need a smart, skilled and assertive family law attorney who understands the fine details of divorce. Mattingly Cavagnaro, LLP, in Buffalo, New York, is a team of attorneys with more than 30 years of experience. We are focused on results and solutions for every one of our clients.
Solving A Complicated Legal Issue
Our lawyers are knowledgeable, tenacious and ready to advocate for you. We protect your rights and assets. During a divorce proceeding, many types of assets are eligible to be dispersed equitably. They include:
- Your home, whether it be a house, condominium or other property.
- Vacation properties that may include a lake cabin, time-share or condominium.
- Real estate investments such as apartment complexes or commercial and residential properties.
- A family-owned business whether co-owned by separating spouses, founded by one of the spouses or inherited by one of the spouses.
- Retirement accounts, including traditional and Roth 401(k)s, 401(k) or 403(b) accounts as well as government-sponsored pensions.
- Monetary investments, including stocks, exchange-traded funds, bonds, money markets or digital currency.
- Personal property such as motor vehicles, art work, collectibles and furniture
Dividing assets is just another of the complicated legal issues that must be addressed in a divorce case. Our attorneys have represented numerous clients and helped every one of them along the way.
We Have The Knowledge, So Call Now
Every investment and every piece of property gets scrutinized when divorcing couples divide assets. Mattingly Cavagnaro, LLP, in Buffalo, New York, is an experienced family law firm prepared to represent you in all divorce-related matters, including the division of assets. We are attentive and ready to answer your questions. Contact our team online or call us at 716-262-8040.