Bar & Court Admissions
- State of New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 2005
- Alfred University, B.S., Business Administration, 2002
- Alfred University, B.A., Communication Studies, 2002
- Bar Association of Erie County Speakers Bureau
- The New No Fault Divorce 02.2011– Presenter
- Bankruptcy and Matrimonial Law – Presenter
- Advanced Matrimonial Law 06.2013 – Presenter
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section Executive Committee
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Practice and Procedure in Family Court Committee, Bar Association of Erie County
- Matrimonial and Family Law Committee, Bar Association of Erie County
- Past Secretary and Current Member, Housing Opportunities Made Equal (HOME)
- New York State Citizen Review Panel for Child Protective Services
Professional Awards and Honors
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: Named to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the New York Super Lawyers, Upstate Ed., 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys: Top 10 Attorney Award, under the age of 40, 2014.
Melissa A. Cavagnaro
T | 716.854.2915
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Buffalo attorney Melissa Cavagnaro’s legal practice is focused on assisting individuals facing serious family conflicts including custody issues, disputes over child support, and visitation. Over the last decade she has seen the devastating impact these legal proceedings can have on families, and she works with each client to minimize that impact while achieving favorable results.
Ms. Cavagnaro has successfully represented clients in legal matters before both Family Court and the New York State Supreme Court.
In addition to assisting her clients resolve legal disputes involving custody, visitation, and child support in Family Court, Ms. Cavagnaro has valuable experience serving as a court- appointed attorney for children.
In State Supreme Court, she serves clients in matters including divorce, post-judgment enforcement (including custody, child support, maintenance, and equitable distribution), and post-judgment modification and enforcement (including child support, custody, and maintenance).
No matter what the legal issue her client is facing, Ms. Cavagnaro takes time to understand the unique circumstances of each situation and works with her client to develop a legal strategy best suited to meet her client’s goals and objectives.